The Art of Meditation
4-Week Online Study Course
Embark on a transformational journey in Adyashanti’s first-ever course focused on the art of meditation. In this live video broadcast study course, Adyashanti will share his unique perspective and insightful guidance based on 15 years of practice followed by 20 years of teaching the art of meditation to thousands of people at all levels of experience.
Whether you are called to explore meditation for the first time or are a seasoned practitioner, this course will offer you guidance in:
- Taking your existing meditation practice to an unprecedented level of depth and transformation.
- Getting started on the right foot if you are just beginning.
- Breaking the cycle of compulsive thought that leads to suffering.
- Exploring the deeper intricacies and potentials of meditation.
- Freeing yourself from conditioned emotional responses.
- Avoiding the potential pitfalls of a meditation practice.
Your course registration includes:
- Four live 2-hour video broadcasts -- each session includes a talk followed by the opportunity for you to call in and speak with Adyashanti directly.
- Video replays posted within 2 days after each live broadcast to watch at your convenience any time during the course -- no need to worry if you miss a broadcast!
- Session notes to help you remember and integrate the teachings -- posted within 2 days after each live broadcast.
- Three video teachings / guided meditations to powerfully guide your practice during the week in between the live sessions.
- Audio MP3s of all the video content -- download to your computer so you can revisit the teachings long after the course ends.
- An online Q&A area where Adyashanti will be responding to a limited number of emailed questions.
- A PDF of all Q&A and Session Notes so you'll have all the written material in one place -- available about 2 weeks after the course ends.
All of the above will be accessible from the Study Course page when you are a registered participant and you are logged in to the website.
Adyashanti’s Invitation to You:
The Art of Meditation is a 4-week course exploring the deeper intricacies of meditation in a way that is rarely done. Meditation is not a science; it is an art that brings about the harmonization of body, mind, and spirit. And as an art form it must arise from the deepest wellspring of wisdom within each individual in a way that reveals the hidden symmetries of the ground of one’s being. While meditation is the most common of all spiritual practices, it is also the most widely misunderstood.
Meditation is not simply a form of spiritual practice, nor is it a form of endlessly seeking after the continuation of some desired experience. It is a means of directly encountering the immensity of being, that measureless reality which alone brings an end to the relentless search for greater and greater satisfaction.
Meditation is the art of freeing oneself from the tyranny of compulsive thought, along with the reactive and conditioned emotional responses that it habitually creates. Practical and creative thought is obviously a useful tool in everyday life; however, the vast majority of thought is simply the compulsive and conditioned act of the past imposing itself onto the present. Thought is in a constant and habitual relationship with itself, and this relationship creates the endless varieties of human suffering.
Try as it might, thought cannot escape from itself, and no matter how intelligent thought is, it is caught within a narrative web of its own making. This is true not only on an individual level but on a collective level as well. And it is for this reason that to find a way beyond the compulsive and destructive addiction to thought is of the utmost importance to us all.
In this course I will explore meditation as more of an art form than a technique, where we allow meditation to arise all on its own (as only authentic meditation can) rather than trying to make it happen through self-centered effort and struggle. Each week of this course I will give both accessible meditation guidance as well as explore the deeper esoteric aspects of meditation that will relate to the seasoned meditator. I will also provide mid-week videos with guided meditation instruction as well as brief exercises that you can do to directly access the mind of meditation in daily life. This course will also explore the deeper liberating potential of meditation as well as how to avoid its potential pitfalls.
I invite you to join me in this experiential exploration of The Art of Meditation.
Registration Opens January 15
4-Week Online Study Course
Broadcast Dates: Wednesdays, February 3, 10, 17, 24.
Broadcast Time: 6-8pm PST
Check Local Time
Cost: $175 (includes MP3 recordings of the course sessions and supplemental teachings)
Limited scholarships are available. Apply by January 20.
REGISTER ON THE STUDY COURSE PAGE
Registration opens Friday, January 15 and closes Sunday, January 31 -- or sooner if the course fills to capacity.